Welcome to The Hobbit Motorlodge, Ohakune accommodation
The Hobbit Motorlodge is a charming, purpose built alpine lodge and motel complex. The Hobbit aims to offer its guests the best accommodation in town. It is the accommodation of first choice for many repeat and discerning guests due to its' quality, spacious rooms and high standards of cleanliness and service.
Ideally located between the Ohakune mainstreet and Junction (winter nightlife area) on the road to the Turoa skifield and 45 mins to Whakapapa it is surrounded by beautiful mature native and exotic trees and offers its guests a quiet alpine retreat.
Our facilities include an outside spa pool amongst the trees, Sky TV and FREE Wireless Internet. For the skiers we have racks in every room, a substantial drying room and the mountain shuttle services can pick you up from our entrance.
Visitors are spoiled for choice of activities no matter what the weather – look at the full details on our activities page – Ohakune and its surrounds offers so much.
SPECIAL - STAY THREE NIGHTS PAY FOR ONLY TWO
This week, Sunday through Thusday - pay for two nights and stay for three. Only available by calling (06 385 8248) Fran and Mark directly to discuss.
Subject to availability. Terms and conditions apply.BOOK NOW
Upcoming Nearby Events
There are a number of of unique events happening in the Ruapehu area between now and next ski season. The Hobbit is an ideal base for you or your group looking to participate in any of the following:
- 6th October 2018 - Peak to Powderkeg, New Zealand’s iconic and unique alpine triathlon that celebrates the end of Winter and the start of Spring Skiing on Mt. Ruapehu. For more information visit http://www.peaktopowderkeg.co.nz/
- 10th November 2018 - The Taumarunui Cycle Classic, formerly known as the ‘Dave Logue Cycle Classic.
- 1st December 2018 - The Goat Adventure Run - This is an exhilarating adventure run from Whakapapa to Turoa Ski Fields on the Round the Mountain track, traversing the western slopes of Mount Ruapehu. More information: https://www.visitruapehu.com/things-to-see-and-do/events/the-goat-adventure-run-2018/
- 1st December 2018 - Waiouru Discoverer - Family mountain biking event in the Waiouru Military Training Area. For more information and to register go to: https://www.offlimits.co.nz/event/waiouru-discoverer-1-day-mountain-bike-ride/
- 26th January 2019 - The 15th Anniversary Tussock Traverse, run or walk. Run or Walk - 6.5km, 13km or 26km. For more information and to enter on-line go to: https://tussocktraverse.co.nz/
- 23rd February 2019 - Camelbak Ruapehu Express - The Ruapehu Express is a fresh new adventure style event that involves a mountain bike and a separate trail run/walk in the foothills of Mount Ruapehu. Each event has a different start line, but they share a finish in the mountain side township of Ohakune. More information phone Nick Reader 021 63272 or email email@example.com.
- 23rd March 2019 - Ring of Fire - Volcanic ultra, 50km, 24km and relay circumnavigating the majestic Mount Ruapehu. To enter and for more information go to www.rof.co.nz.
Contact Mark & Fran at The Hobbit (06 385 8248, firstname.lastname@example.org) to discuss your individual, family or team accomodation for any of the above events.
Ohakune Township and Facilities
Please see our Activities page.
Terms and Conditions
Please click here for our terms and conditions.