The Hobbit Accommodation in Ohakune
The Hobbit has a wide variety of accommodation styles, offering premium ground floor studios, first floor studios, some with mountain views, two bedroom units with or without full cooking facilities, and upstairs suites with as many as 5 beds for larger groups.
Dog Friendly Accommodation
A ground floor studio unit is available for guests with dogs. Guests must book directly by phone or email. A $25 charge applies to all bookings with dogs. There is a maximum of two dogs in the unit. See terms and conditions below for our pet policy.
Spacious ground-floor studio with queen-size and single bed, kitchen facilities, microwave, fridge, flatscreen TV with Sky, wireless internet access, electric blankets, heater, iron/ironing board. Parking at your door.
Mountain View Studio
Upstairs studio with queen-size and single bed, full kitchen, microwave, fridge, flatscreen TV, DVD player, WiFi access, electric blankets, heater, iron/ironing board.
Ground-floor unit with queen-size bed in one bedroom, 2 single beds in the second bedroom, third single bed in living room. Choice of cooking or non-cooking, cooking has a full kitchen and non-cooking has tea and coffee-making facilities. Lounge and dining area. Large bathroom. Flatscreen TV, wireless internet access, electric blankets, heater, iron/ironing board. Ground-floor parking at your door.
Choice of 4 or 5-person first-floor suites. Spacious bedroom with flatscreen TV. Full kitchen. Lounge with large flatscreen Sky TV and DVD player. Ensuite bathroom. Spa bath in some units. Some with fantastic mountain views.
Spacious queen bedroom with ensuite. Single bed in lounge. Kitchenette. Flatscreen Sky TV, WiFi access, electric blankets and room heater.
Upstairs unit with queen-size and single bed, ensuite with shower, tea and coffee-making facilities in room, downstairs lodge communal kitchen available, TV, wireless internet access, electric blankets and heater.
- Outside spa pool
- Sky TV
- Wireless internet
- Studio units
- 2-bedroom units with or without cooking facilities
- Spa bath units with mountain views
- Lodge bunkrooms each with Sky TV, communal bathrooms, lounge and kitchen
- Drying room
- Guest laundry
- Indoor ski racks in all units
- Ample off-street parking
- Mountain shuttle to the door
- All in-room necessities for your stay – iron, hairdryer and electric blankets
Terms and Conditions
- SKI SEASON approximately 15 June - 31 October: A minimum 2-night stay is applicable. A DEPOSIT OF TWO NIGHT'S ACCOMMODATION IS REQUIRED TO SECURE THE RESERVATION. Your credit card will be processed immediately for the first 2 night's accommodation upon making reservation.
- MID-WEEK SPECIAL: A deposit of the full value of the booking is payable at the time of the booking.
- MARDI GRAS WEEKEND BOOKING CONDITIONS AND CANCELLATION POLICY: A minimum 2-night stay is applicable. To confirm a reservation we require payment to our bank account for 3 night's accommodation. The third night's accommodation will be held as a bond. The bond will be returned in full within 24 hours of checkout providing the room does not require additional cleaning and is undamaged. Notice of intended cancellation received more than 1 month prior will be refunded less 10% cancellation fee. Bookings cancelled less than 1 month prior will be subject to a 100% cancellation fee i.e. NO REFUND.
- SUMMER: A DEPOSIT OF ONE NIGHT'S ACCOMMODATION IS REQUIRED TO SECURE THE RESERVATION. Your credit card will be processed immediately for the first night's accommodation.
- CANCELLATION POLICY: Ski Season: All cancellations must be notified by email more than 7 days prior to your arrival. If more than 7 days notice is given your deposit will be refunded less a 10% booking fee. If a cancellation is made less than 7 days prior to arrival, the deposit is non-refundable. There are no refunds for early departure.
- CANCELLATION POLICY: Summer (November 1st - June 22nd): All cancellations must be notified by email. If more than 24 hours notice is given your deposit will be refunded less a 10% booking fee. If a cancellation is made less than 24 hours prior to arrival, or if you do not arrive, the deposit is non-refundable.
- No visitors are allowed in rooms after 10pm. Any damage to the room or property may be charged, plus a charge for any resultant loss of income if applicable.
- This is a non-smoking complex, smoking is not permitted in any of the rooms or buildings on the property. Failure to comply with these conditions may incur cleaning and loss of income charges.
- Accommodation charges are based on the number of guests booked at the initial booking. Any additional guests will be charged for.
- A $25 charge applies to all bookings with dogs, max of two dogs per unit.
- Dogs are not permitted on the beds/furniture and not to be left UNATTENDED in the room.
- Any damage and soiling will result in a charge to the guest. A specific register form is required to be completed on arrival.
- Droppings must be picked up and disposed of in outside rubbish bins.
- Dogs must always be on a leash when outside unit.
- Please bring your own pet beds, food and water bowls.
- If your dog is unruly, barking, or considered dangerous, and causes issues for other guests, you may be required to leave the premises.
- If you are staying for multiple nights, please advise the office of a suitable time to service your room when the dog will not be there.