The Hobbit Lodge - Affordable Ohakune Backpackers Accommodation
The Hobbit Motorlodge offers a wide variety of self-contained and serviced accommodation to suit all budgets, set in well-established grounds making it an attractive and peaceful place to stay.
The Hobbit Motorlodge is located on the road to the Turoa Ski Field (Cnr Goldfinch and Wye Streets) and 45 mins to Whakapapa. 600m from Ohakune's cafés, restaurants, bars and shops.
Reception hours: 7.30am to 9.00pm
36-bed lodge. 2, 4 and 6-bed bunkrooms. Communal kitchen, lounge, ablutions, drying room and laundry. Each room has its own Sky TV and heating. Beds have pillow, sheets, duvet, blanket and electric blanket provided. Towels available on request for $2.
- Outside spa pool
- Sky TV
- Wireless internet
- Lodge bunkrooms each with Sky TV, communal lounge and kitchen
- Drying room
- Guest laundry
- Indoor ski racks in all units and studios
- Ample off-street parking
- Mountain shuttle to the door
- All amenities for your stay – iron, hairdryer, heated towel rail and electric blankets
Terms and Conditions
- SKI SEASON approximately 15 June - 31 October: A minimum 2-night stay is applicable. A DEPOSIT OF TWO NIGHT'S ACCOMMODATION IS REQUIRED TO SECURE THE RESERVATION. Your credit card will be processed immediately for the first 2 night's accommodation upon making reservation.
- MARDI GRAS WEEKEND BOOKING CONDITIONS: A minimum 2-night stay is applicable. To confirm a reservation we require credit card details including expiry date (secure bookings via www.the-hobbit.co.nz). Your credit card will be processed immediately for the 2 night's accommodation. The equivalent of a third night's accommodation will be held on your credit card as a bond. This will be applied in the week preceding Mardi Gras. The bond will be returned in full within 24 hours of checkout providing the room does not require additional cleaning and is undamaged.
- SUMMER: A DEPOSIT OF ONE NIGHT'S ACCOMMODATION IS REQUIRED TO SECURE THE RESERVATION. Your credit card will be processed immediately for the first night's accommodation.
- CANCELLATION POLICY: Ski Season: All cancellations must be notified in writing, by email or post more than 7 days prior to your arrival. If more than 7 days notice is given your deposit will be refunded less a 10% booking fee. If a cancellation is made less than 7 days prior to arrival, the deposit is non-refundable. There are no refunds for early departure.
- CANCELLATION POLICY: Summer: All cancellations must be notified in writing or by by email. 24 hours notice is required
- No visitors are allowed in rooms after 10pm. Any damage to the room or property may be charged, plus a charge for any resultant loss of income if applicable.
- This is a non-smoking complex, smoking is not permitted in any of the rooms or buildings on the property. Failure to comply with these conditions may incur cleaning and loss of income charges.
- Accommodation charges are based on the number of guests booked at the initial booking. Any additional guests will be charged for.
- No pets are allowed on the premises.