The Hobbit Accommodation in Ohakune
The Hobbit Motorlodge offers a wide variety of self-contained and serviced accommodation to suit all budgets, set in well-established grounds making it an attractive and peaceful place to stay.
The Hobbit Motorlodge is located on the road to the Turoa Ski Field (Cnr Goldfinch and Wye Streets) and 45 mins to Whakapapa. 600m from Ohakune's cafés, restaurants, bars and shops.
Reception hours: 7.30am to 9.00pm
Spacious ground-floor studio with queen-size and single bed, kitchen facilities, microwave, fridge, flatscreen TV with Sky, wireless internet access, electric blankets, heater, iron/ironing board. Parking at your door.
Mountain View Studio
Upstairs studio with queen-size and single bed, full kitchen, microwave, fridge, flatscreen TV, DVD player, WiFi access, electric blankets, heater, iron/ironing board.
Ground-floor unit with queen-size bed in one bedroom, 2 single beds in the second bedroom, third single bed in living room. Choice of cooking or non-cooking, cooking has a full kitchen and non-cooking has tea and coffee-making facilities. Lounge and dining area. Large bathroom. Flatscreen TV, wireless internet access, electric blankets, heater, iron/ironing board. Ground-floor parking at your door.
Choice of 4 or 5-person first-floor suites. Spacious bedroom with flatscreen TV. Full kitchen. Lounge with large flatscreen Sky TV and DVD player. Ensuite bathroom. Spa bath in some units. Some with fantastic mountain views.
Spacious queen bedroom with ensuite. Single bed in lounge. Kitchenette. Flatscreen Sky TV, WiFi access, electric blankets and room heater.
Upstairs unit with queen-size and single bed, ensuite with shower, tea and coffee-making facilities in room, downstairs lodge communal kitchen available, TV, wireless internet access, electric blankets and heater.
- Outside spa pool
- Sky TV
- Wireless internet
- Studio units
- 2-bedroom units with or without cooking facilities
- Spa bath units with mountain views
- Lodge bunkrooms each with Sky TV, communal lounge and kitchen
- Drying room
- Guest laundry
- Indoor ski racks in all units and studios
- Ample off-street parking
- Mountain shuttle to the door
- All amenities for your stay – iron, hairdryer, heated towel rail and electric blankets
Terms and Conditions
- SKI SEASON approximately 15 June - 31 October: A minimum 2-night stay is applicable. A DEPOSIT OF TWO NIGHT'S ACCOMMODATION IS REQUIRED TO SECURE THE RESERVATION. Your credit card will be processed immediately for the first 2 night's accommodation upon making reservation.
- MARDI GRAS WEEKEND BOOKING CONDITIONS: A minimum 2-night stay is applicable. To confirm a reservation we require credit card details including expiry date (secure bookings via www.the-hobbit.co.nz). Your credit card will be processed immediately for the 2 night's accommodation. The equivalent of a third night's accommodation will be held on your credit card as a bond. This will be applied in the week preceding Mardi Gras. The bond will be returned in full within 24 hours of checkout providing the room does not require additional cleaning and is undamaged.
- SUMMER: A DEPOSIT OF ONE NIGHT'S ACCOMMODATION IS REQUIRED TO SECURE THE RESERVATION. Your credit card will be processed immediately for the first night's accommodation.
- CANCELLATION POLICY: Ski Season: All cancellations must be notified in writing, by email or post more than 7 days prior to your arrival. If more than 7 days notice is given your deposit will be refunded less a 10% booking fee. If a cancellation is made less than 7 days prior to arrival, the deposit is non-refundable. There are no refunds for early departure.
- CANCELLATION POLICY: Summer (November 1st - June 22nd): All cancellations must be notified in writing or by email. If more than 24 hours notice is given your deposit will be refunded less a 10% booking fee. If a cancellation is made less than 24 hours prior to arrival, or if you do not arrive, the deposit is non-refundable.
- No visitors are allowed in rooms after 10pm. Any damage to the room or property may be charged, plus a charge for any resultant loss of income if applicable.
- This is a non-smoking complex, smoking is not permitted in any of the rooms or buildings on the property. Failure to comply with these conditions may incur cleaning and loss of income charges.
- Accommodation charges are based on the number of guests booked at the initial booking. Any additional guests will be charged for.
- No pets are allowed on the premises.